Journalists can be outsiders, independents and neutral observers but in either role the journalist needs to know how to act and behave responsibly on social media. This course shares tips and best twitter practices to become a twitter savvy professional.
Module 1. Getting started!
- Why should you be on Twitter as a journalist or media professional?
- How to create a professional profile.
Module 2. How to find your ideal audience.
- Finding your audience.
- Identifying influencers.
- Identifying superfans and super-promotors.
- Using twitter lists.
- Building your community.
Module 3. How to engage with your ideal audience and keep your integrity as a journalist.
- Twitter Chats & Hashtag conversations.
- How to keep the conversation relevant?
- Reply to the right audience.
- Defining your tone of voice.
- Maintaining your integrity as a journalist.
Module 4. Which content works best for you?
- Listening tools to discover relevant content.
- What makes a good tweet?
- How to find and use the right hashtags.
- Fact checking with Twitter
- How to use context and add links.
- How to optimise your content for SEO.
- Embedded tweets.
- Image gallery.
- Rich media forms.
- Twitter Ads
Module 5. Twitter strategy
- Setting up a strategy.
- Defining goals.
- Measuring success.
- Best time to tweet.
- Track your engagement.
Module 6. Saving Time and managing your Twitter
Meet your instructor: Sarah Ceelen
Infocom Consulting, Freelance Digital Marketeer (BE)
READ FULL BIO